On Thursday the travelling assitants came to do splits with us. That day was my first day of complete work in a while. I did splits with a kid from Washington named Rodarte. I don't remember what city he is from. Saturday night we left our mission to talk to a mom of the kid we are teaching, we probably aren't allowed to do that, but either way we did. We needed permission from her to baptized him and she thought it was too early for her son, he is 14, so my companion wanted to talk to her about it in person instead of over the phone. The other mission wassn't too far since we are on the edge. We took a bus there but when we noticed how close it was we just walked back. I ate Subway also over there. It was R$20 for a meal. It's basically just the samething we have in the US so in the end it was probably a waste of money since I don't really even like subway. There are tons of Subways, McDonalds, and Burger Kings here in Brazil and the brazilians think that's ...
This week was pretty fast and short. On Tuesday my companion had a leader meeting. So I left and did splits in a different area. Those days are usually the easiest because it's not my area so I'm not expected to know everything. And then basically all the days after that have been a blur of just idk working I guess. I don't feel like I really got much done. One day I was eating my food that I had just surved myself and looked down at my plate to find a chicken talon just pointing up at me. I tried to eat a part of it out of respect and what not, but it was literally just bone and skin. I don't even know. I didn't really do much else. Bye -Avery January 8, 2018
I only have 10 mins so I'm not going to write a big email. This place is cool. I guess I have two years living here so I don't want to spend my time describing it right now. The people are all friendly too but I cant talk to almost anyone. My comp is an American so my Portuguese isn't getting much better. We're the only ones in our area so we barely see other missionaries (we did today to play volleyball and we do for district/zone meetings). Our manual says we don't have to pay tithing cuz we are missionaries and our money is tithing - but our mission pres. says we aren't allowed to spend 10% of our money so we can practice tithing. We can't play contact sports - meaning soccer and basketball. The mission itself is good. Also p-day isn't a full day, we work all night. And we WORK all Sunday too. Everything is actually really great. I'm two months in and time is surprisingly flying by super super fast. Welp see ya...
Comments
Post a Comment